Thursday, May 8, 2008

Mail Drops NOBO Part

I'm listing this mostly for my dad. I don't expect care packages, but if you do care and want to send a package, I will graciously and happily accept! Remember, I am vegan and have to carry everything that is sent. Here is a great article about care packages with some ideas. Oh, and for my knitter friends, I'm not taking any knitting.

Here are the addresses for the mail drops for the NOBO half of my hike. I'm still sorting out the SOBO half. The format is:

MY REAL NAME (aka ME)
C/O General Delivery
Town, State Zip
Hold for AT Hiker ETA: DATE

OR

MY REAL NAME
C/O business name
business address
town, state zip
Hold for AT Hiker ETA: DATE

MY REAL NAME = if you don't know it, send an email to veganhiker at yahoo dot com My mother will be checking this email address for me and she is paranoid so mention how you know about my blog to put her mind at ease and put something like "real name" in the subject to make it easy on her. If you don't put my real name on the package, I won't be able to get it!

Also, the post office prefers that everything is sent priority mail, using a priority mail label instead of just writing on the box. So please make it easy for them and do this. Everything must be shipped USPS. UPS and FedEx don't like hikers.

One more thing, try to get it to the PO a few days before the date listed. I'll probably start to fall behind at some point, but I'm starting out a bit quicker htan anticipated.




NOBO


























ETAPlaceCum. Miles Resupply Address
5/14Harpers Ferry0Start
5/18Smithburg, MD31Shop
5/23Pine Grove Furnace St. Park78.8ME


C/O Ironmaster's Mansion


1212 Pine Grove Rd.


Gardners,PA 17324


Hold for AT Hiker ETA: 5/22/08

5/27Duncannon, PA123.9Shop
6/1Port Clinton, PA193.8ME


C/O General Delivery


Port Clinton, PA 19549


Hold for AT Hiker ETA: 5/31/08

6/9Del Water Gap, PA270.1J is bringing me stuff here...if you want her to bring anything send an email to my mom at the address above to find out how to get it to me. I won't stop at the PO here.
6/13Unionville, NY321.6Shop
6/17Ft. Montgomery, NY379.0Shop
6/22Kent, CT449.2.6Shop
6/26Great Barrington, MA497.0Shop
6/30Dalton, MA549.8 ME


C/O General Delivery


Dalton, MA 01226


Hold for AT Hiker ETA 6/29/08

7/3North Adams, MA568.4Shop
7/8Manchester Center, VT626.9Shop
7/12Killington, VT680.0Shop
7/15Hanover, NH722.8Shop
7/18Glencliff, NH766.2ME


C/O General Delivery


Glencliff, NH 03238


Hold for AT Hiker ETA: 7/17/08

7/21Crawford Notch, NH819.7ME


C/O AMC's Highland Center


US Rte 302


Bretton Woods, NH 03574


Hold for AT Hiker ETA: 7/20/08

7/24Gorham, NH866.8Shop
7/28Andover, ME908.2ME


C/O Pine Ellis B&B


20 Pine St.


PO BOX 12


Andover, ME 04216


Hold for AT Hiker ETA: 7/27/08

8/2Stratton, ME976.9Shop
8/7Monson, ME1046.9Shop
8/16Abol Bridge, ME1149.6Shop


2 comments:

arianna said...

I have a question for you about all this: what kinds of things can or SHOULD we send?? I'd love to send a "care package" but of course this'll be different from any I've ever sent before, as you'll not want heavy things, or anything that isn't useful enough to carry along with you. I mean...vegan granola bars? That's...the only thing I can really think of right now, haha. But are there supplies you'd like restocked at certain points? Or is that something a layperson (who knows nothing about hiking) should send along, anyway? :)

Well, the intent to send is absolutely there, but I don't know if it'll happen unless I think of something I CAN send. Which I suppose is a good thing.

I really want to send yarn, hehe, but I don't know how much knitting you plan to be carrying with you or doing, anyway...

Jeanette said...

Cool. Would you perhaps like a couple of Boston Cookies at each mail drop? Only like 2-4 or so, so that they don't weigh you down too much. Maybe 2-4 of the big ones since you will need the calories.

Also, if anyone reads the comments and doesn't know my email addy but wants to send something along to DWG send the email to veganhiker and I will let her, or whoever is checking her email, give out my email addy.